OMG, OMG, OMG… Have you seen the new movie?
Of course you have. Maybe you’ve seen it a couple of times. Maybe you’ve been investing so much time in all things Star Wars that you’ve neglected a few obligations and your calling to regularly post things on the interwebs…Or maybe that’s just me.
The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.
I have a Star Wars problem. But here’s the kicker: if lovin’ me some Star Wars is wrong, I don’t want to be right. So maybe I can somehow indulge my affinity for a galaxy far, far away while still laying in to my calling to post some Divinely-inspired witticisms on the web.
This post is an attempt at doing just that. So strap on your green pointy ears and toss out everything you learned in third grade English class… ‘Cause we’re rockin’ 12 quotes from the original Jedi Masta: YODA!
– [Luke] I can’t believe it. [Yoda] That is why you fail. (Prayer works similarly. If you don’t think it will work, it probably won’t, especially if you’re not willing to be a participant in prayer’s answer.)
– Always pass on what you have learned.
– You must unlearned what you have learned.
– The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side. (It also limits us in participation in the Kingdom of God. If we are so afraid of losing something or someone that we are limited in our love, we’ll miss out. I think Jesus was hinting at this when he talked about coming to turn daughter against mother or that he came to bring a sword.)
-Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you? (Powerful things come in surprising wrappings. We think about that a lot at Christmas time.)
– Great warrior. Wars do not make one great. (Greatness exists regardless of war.)
– Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. (Good advice for today’s political climate.)
– Already know you that which you need.
– [Luke] How will I know the good from the bad? [Yoda] You will know when you are calm. At peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the force always for knowledge and defense. Never for attack.
– [Yoda] Your weapons, you’ll not them. [Luke] What’s in there? [Yoda] Only that which you take with you.
– Truly wonderful the mind of a child is. (Jesus hinted at a similar child-like perspective.)
– Do or do not. There is no try. (I don’t get it… But it’s probably his most repeated quote.)